Bayview Glen Church (a member of the Christian and Missionary Alliance of Canada) is rooted in a rich, Christ-honouring history. Our church was originally founded in the heart of Toronto, as Avenue Road Church in 1941. For more than 30 years, the Avenue Road congregation grew both spiritually and numerically at its downtown location. Pastors like Dr. A.W. Tozer and Dr. Ken Oppermann served our church faithfully during those early years. In 1970, Avenue Road Church called Arnold Reimer as it's next Senior Pastor. God gave Pastor Reimer a vision of the new church location where there would be great opportunity to reach the growing and increasingly diverse population of the GTA. In 1978 the first service was held here on the campus at Bayview and Steeles and the congregation became known as Bayview Glen Church.
In 2013, Bayview Glen Church celebrated 35 years of productive ministry at our current location; the church stands on the shoulders of the visionary, sacrificial leadership of those that came before and continues to honour Jesus above all else. Bayview Glen maintains a strong commitment to biblical preaching, community service, international missions, and personal evangelism. And with over 100 nationalities represented on any given Sunday morning, the congregation reflects the diversity that has come to represent the GTA.